The "K" Krew

The "K" Krew

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful

So this Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for. I am very thankful that our house didn't burn when the turkey caught on fire!! That's right. On FIRE!!!! You see the turkey was a 24 pounder and was too big for our tiny oven. The entire house was smoky. When I opened the oven door, the flames shot out. It was scary and hysterical all at the same time. The white stuff is flour that we used to extinguish the flames. I am also thankful for good friends and family who didn't care that the turkey was ruined!

6 comments:

God's Girl said...

Hey... no more fires in Southern Cal. : ) : )

Did you still eat it?

My Blessed Life said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Your turkey caught fire and mine wouldn't cook. I think there was a turkey conspriousy this year. I am glad you are all OK and the fire stayed with the oven and the turkey.
PS. My favorite things to eat are all the side dishes that go with the turkey.

Susanz Place said...

mine was yummy ;0) - ok that was mean.

i am laughing hysterically though - that's very very funny

TGlinsky said...

Too funny...I hadn't heard that yet. Glad all are OK.

Linda said...

Oh my, I'm so glad you guys are safe! That's one crazy looking bird!

Broken In Love said...

darn I am so sad I missed it!! =p don't worry uncle nader told me the horror stories. you had nothing to worry about Chad was going to get it out with those 2 bottles of water.........jk........ I am glad your all safe and had a pleasant day.
Love Ayana (ps tell my lil joseph my name is in honor of him ;)